the party

1:30 am


i can cross rivers and climb mountains with energy to spare
i can explore oceans and lift boulders like they're barely even there
but give me a social excursion or a two hour dinner
and suddenly i understand how bears can sleep through winter
my cheeks hurt from smiling that superficial smile
in an attempt to make others think their gossip is worthwhile
but that doesn't compare to my thoroughly exhausted brain
who would rather drown in its own fluids than say "oh no, he didn't" again
days and days of peace and quiet
and now i'm thrust in the middle of the riot
so i run as soon as i can to the solitude of my room
hoping the serenity will once again resume
i close my eyes and am surrounded with silence

but the noise in my head doesn't stop.


(born in 1998 and have a voice to share with the world? click here to find out how you can be heard!)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Really cool blog :)) love it be apart of it :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this poem! And loving the idea of your blog (even though I was born in 1999... dang it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and ah you're so so close what a shame!! :) xx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

fellow procrastinators

Popular Posts

Subscribe