wifsy: liar liar pants on fire

12:29 pm

over at sailing through books, she runs a great monthly meme called "wifsy" that you can find out all about here (while you're there, check out her reviews - i've added many a book to my to-be-read because of her!). basically the gist of it is judging a book by its cover, so i've decided to give it a go this month with the hundred lies of lizzie lovett by chelsea sedoti and i am very excited to fail miserably!




my synopsis:
my palms are sweating and my heart beats erratically like it's trying to escape from its cage. the curse echoes through my mind for the umpteenth time: "you have a hundred lies, lizzie lovett, and a hundred only. use them wisely." in my sixteen years of living, i've already used 23 of my theoretical get-out-of-jail-free cards and once again i find myself dangling on the precipice between honesty and deception.

would it be so bad if they knew the truth? it would blow over in a week - it always does. it would be okay. i would be okay.

i opened my mouth, ready to bare my soul, but his steely gaze trapped the words in my throat. what was i doing? the truth, lizzie, say the truth.

oh, dammit.

"i didn't eat the cake!" i blurted out and i felt my insides deflate. 24 lies down.

the real synopsis:
a teenage misfit named hawthorn creely inserts herself in the investigation of missing person lizzie lovett, who disappeared mysteriously while camping with her boyfriend. hawthorn doesn't mean to interfere, but she has a pretty crazy theory about what happened to lizzie. in order to prove it, she decides to immerse herself in lizzie's life. that includes taking her job... and her boyfriend. it's a huge risk - but it's just what hawthorn needs to find her own place in the world.

conclusion:
close enough

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. LOVE IT! I love the concept of only having a certain amount of lies, and that last sentence!XD Thank you so much for participating! I hope you entered the giveaway;)
    ps: I'm SO glad to know I contributed to adding books to your TBR<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! this was actually so much fun - i'll definitely be participating again!! xxx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.

fellow procrastinators

Popular Posts

Subscribe