tbt: hawaiian rollercoaster ride

11:15 am


as melbourne begins to crawl back into hibernation while the depths of winter wrap us up in its frigid arms and the stress of senior year is starting to smother me like a homicidal maniac with a pillow, it's time to look back. and reflect. and wish i was back in hawaii like i was in january 2015.



i miss hawaii's air and its vibes and its atmosphere. i miss its greeness - australia is so orange and yellow and burnt but, in my mind, hawaii resides on the complete opposite end of the colour wheel with dashes of cerulean and parakeet and all the other colours that are so alive.



i miss its ocean. australia's waves are exuberant and mischievous like its people. they roll into the shore to tease the sand before sashaying back, inviting you to play. don't get me wrong, i love it. but the sea that sleeps on the edges of hawaii were so calm and laidback, like its people. they went with the flow (no pun intended) and sometimes i want the pacific over the crash.


though maybe it's not the hawaiian soil that i crave. maybe its just the escape that it would promise to give. a well-needed pause from all the responsibilities and pressures that plague me now as the end of the school year is beginning to approach as does the end of the last 13 years of my life. as does the end of my childhood.

oh, hang on



no i was wrong. fuck my future or whatever. all i need is to be able to plunge my teeth into the gooey goodness of the mac and cheese burger that has haunted my dreams since i first let it enter my drooling mouth one more time and then i can die happy (probably from clogged arteries but worth it).

(born in 1998 and have a voice to share with the world? click here to find out how you can be heard!)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

fellow procrastinators

Popular Posts

Subscribe